Nowadays, social media has become a great way to connect with family and friends. There are some social media apps that are sharing the location of the users, date of birth, email address and phone number. There are some users who don’t like to share their private information. These social media sites are also offering some online privacy options to users. By enabling these privacy options, the users can easily hide their private information. There are some users who don’t know how to enable these settings. Some essential tips to defend privacy issues on Facebook and other social media are explained below by cheap dissertation writing services provider company;
- Hide activity status
There are lots of social media apps that allow your friends to get an idea either you are active or offline. Moreover, these apps also tell them the exact time of your last activity. Due to privacy issues, if you don’t want to share your activity status with your friends, you can hide it. For example, if you are using Instagram, your followers can see your activity status. You can hide your activity status by following these simple three steps;
- First of all, you should click on the Profile tab.
- Secondly, you should click on the menu button.
- Thirdly, you should scroll down the page and you can turn off the activity status.
- Disable read receipts
If you want to further hide your privacy activity, you should try to turn off your read receipts. Read receipts are those notifications which tell your friends that you have read their messages. For example, if you are using a Twitter account, you can disable read receipts in the following ways;
- On the top left of your account, you should click on the avatar button
- After that, you should click on the settings and privacy tab
- After that, you should click on the privacy and safety tab
- At last, you should uncheck the Show read receipt buttons
- Stay Off-The-Grid
The social media apps are using your current location in order to show appropriate ads and to send some appropriate notifications to the nearby events. If you don’t like to share your current location with your friends, you can also hide it. For example, if you are using Snapchat, you can hide your current location by following these simple steps;
- On the top left side of your account, you should click on the Bitmoji icon
- In the top right, you should click on the settings button
- You should click on the see my location tab
- After that, you can hide your location by toggling the Ghost Mode on
- Be selective with the audience
To be selective with the audience is also an essential way to defend your privacy on social media. For example, if you are using Facebook, you can choose the audience by following these simple steps;
- First of all, you should create a post
- You should click on the audience selector button and select your audience by clicking on the Public, Friends or Friends of Friends tab
- Moreover, you can also select specific friends who can receive your recent update